Adventure abounds in the high alpine area near the Tundra Hut
- Back country skiing the many roads and slopes in the area
- Ski mountaineering and winter ascents of 13'ers
- Snowmobile the many roads
- Sledding on the slopes near the hut
- Cozy up in the hut and read a good book, play a game of dominoes, take a nap
- Hike a 13'er or scramble the ridge over to Gray's and Torrey's Peak, hike down to the creek or into the forest
- Mountain bike the web of roads in the area.
- Mountain bike or ATV up Leavenworth Creek Rd. and over Argentine Pass. It will drop you down into the Peru Creek basin and ends near Keystone, CO.
- Explore the many roads in the area
- Hang out in the hut, read a book and admire the views out the huge picture windows
- Explore the mining history of the area