8. Take I-70 W toward Grand Jct
Approx. 33.0 mi from Denver to the Georgetown Exit
9. Take exit 228 toward Georgetown 0.2 mi
10. Turn left onto 15th St 0.1 mi
11. Turn right onto Argentine St and follow the signs to Guanella Pass
12. Continue onto Co Rd 381/Guanella Pass Rd
13. Drive 2.5 miles to the top of two switchbacks. There is a small pullout with a viewing area.
Leavenworth Creek Rd. begins here and parallels Guanella Pass Rd. for the first few hundred feet.
PARKING: If you are not driving to the hut, you need to park in trailer parking pullouts at the bottom of the two switchbacks on Guanella Pass Rd. Overnight parking is allowed there. Your vehicle will be towed if you park overnight at Leavenworth Creek Rd./trailhead.
14. The hut is 5.6 miles from the trailhead. Stay on 248.1 aka Leavenworth Creek Rd. You will gain about 1,000 ft. in elevation in the first 1.1 miles with several switchbacks. The road will then turn south and level out. It is then a gentle ascent for the remainder of the road to the hut. The hut sits next to the road on the left side.